- L’EDSTIC accorde une dispense de 7,5h de formations au choix par semestre et mettra en place deux séances de formation obligatoires à l’encadrement qui devront être suivies une seule fois.
General principle:The objective of this formation is mainly open-mindedness. You need to follow 9 ECTS (i.e. approximately 90 hours) of formation before being allowed to defend your PhD. It is divided into:
- 3 ECTS (approximately 30 hours) of "professionalizing" formation,
- 3 ECTS (approximately 30 hours) of scientific formation,
- and 3 ECTS free choice among the previous ones.
The training catalog is available following this link (please copy-paste the link): https://www.adum.fr/UCA/formations
ED STIC recognizes all the doctoral formations offered by UCA, PSL, MINES ParisTech, Inria, CNRS... However, you must first ask permission to these institutions if you are not a member.
Some particular cases:
- If you got a DCME, consequently speaking French... read the French version of this web page!
- PhD students with a CIFRE contract can, on request, be exempted from professionalizing formations since they are already largely in contact with the private professional world.
- Formations from the EIT Doctoral Center are fully recognized up to the 9 ECTS.
- Mentoring formation counts 15 hours in professional or scientific training
- If you think your situation justifies a particular case, for instance if you benefit from a "cotutelle", please contact the ED STIC rapidely.
- Tutorat: The EDSTIC recognises supervision within the framework of tutoring up to 7.5 hours of free choice training per semester and sets up two compulsory training sessions for supervisors to be followed only once.
UCA and PSL refer to your ADUM account.
In addition, the professionalizing formations below are also open:
- The formation "Thèses électroniques : dépôt et mise en ligne" (2h), at the library of the university, explains among others the main rules of intellectual property
- Forum JD2 (at least 1 time along the 3 years): it validates 3 hours
- Forum DECLIC (at least 1 time along the 3 years): it validates 6 hours
- Missions for scientific culture for all PhD students and in particular for the beneficiaries of "Région PACA" fundings
Some particular cases:
- Active organizers of forums and associations of general academic interest can obtain up to 3 ECTS on request. For instance:
- JD2 or DECLIC forums
- AD STIC board
- Foreign doctoral students with a bad knowledge of the French language should consult the Service Commun en langues (SCL) (Common Language Service) but it is necessary to ask for a derogation to include this in the formation.
These training courses are to be created on Adum.
Many courses and training are allowed in this context. The basic principle is scientific openness and consequently a formation close to your PhD subject will not taken into account. Be imaginative!
Among recognized formations:
- Master courses that do not belong to a specialty already obtained, nor to the field of the PhD
- Good quality MOOCs (quality attested by your supervisor)
- Thematic schools (ED STIC supports some of them and they offer in teturn advantageous inscription fees, specify that you belong to the ED STIC when registering)
- Scientific seminars organized by AD STIC (+ significant bonus for the speaker!)
- Seminars and courses for researchers, provided they are outside the specialty of the thesis (Colloquium Morgenstern is highly recommended)
- Active organization of scientific events of general academic interest (ask the ED STIC beforehand)
- and so on.
- Specific training in preparing for employment in STIC: "Job'Action" workshops, open to PhD students, are organised by the EUD DS4H to help prepare recruitment (writing CVs, writing cover letters, preparing interviews, etc.). These workshops will be accounted for a total of 1.5 ECTS. For more information: http://univ-cotedazur.fr/events/ds4h-ateliers-jobaction
- Formations of type 1 : thematic schools (spring schools, summer schools, ...)
ECTS : 2 ECTS if less or equal to 3 days, 3 ECTS for more
- Formations of type 2 : colloquium, workshop, thematic days, seminars (except if organized by your team) - with approx 6 half-days (certificates or signatures to be given to the secretariat)
ECTS : 1
- Formations of type 3 : Master courses outside of your original Master domain (exams not required, just provide a certificate of attendance to the courses)
ECTS : those of the course
- Bachelor's degree courses (if outside IT): request for derogation
- Master or Bachelor's degree courses outside IT that are part of a multidisciplinary thesis are exceptionally recognized
- Formations of type 4 : formations proposed by ED STIC or partners.
ECTS : 1 for each
- Formations of type 5 : formations proposed by AD STIC for a total of 6 half-days, or 1 presentation by the student + 3 half-days
ECTS : 1
Each year, indicate the formations on the corresponding ADUM list (UCA and PSL).
New in 2020: 1 ECTS for international mobility
The EDSTIC can recognize up to 1 ECTS of scientific training for an international mobility of at least one month.
Who can apply?
Any PhD student carrying out an international mobility of at least one month, excluding doctoral students in co-tutelle and those whose mobility takes place during a « césure ».
How to apply?
PhD students awarded by the DocWalker program of EUR DS4H: Attach the EUR acceptance email and the document describing the exchange project sent to the EUR.
Upon return, the PhD student commits to give a seminar to share his/her experience.
For PhD students carrying out international mobility in another framework. The PhD student must apply for validation before departure by filling and returning to the secretariat of the Doctoral School this document along with a Vitae and the letter of agreement from the foreign host laboratory.
Upon return, the PhD student commits to give a seminar to share his/her experience